Raising Public Profile Through Executive Insight
Webspace's Lead Media Strategist worked closely with the prolific CEO and investor, Allen Lau, to strengthen his presence in the Canadian media by leveraging an executive platform on timely and strategic topics.
In-print and online opinion pieces vastly improved the company's media relations and increased inbound press opportunities for the CEO. It also opened up a multitude of conversations with government officials at the municipal and federal level.
Why Consulting Mattered
- The placement of bylines was dependent on proactive media monitoring and timely execution
- We conducted an in-house content audit and collaborated with the executive to craft a clear and concise position on relevant topics
- The messaging was so effective, it opened up ties to the Mayor’s office and is frequently echoed by other contributors in the Toronto tech and business scenes
Blockbuster Positioning for Wattpad Studios
In April 2016, the Canadian startup Wattpad made a major announcement: the company was opening a division focused on co-producing online stories for print, film, and television.
Dubbed Wattpad Studios, the announcement garnered feature coverage across a variety of major Canadian media outlets and earned media impressions in major U.S and international markets.
why Media Relations mattered
- The packaging of key messages and press materials helped keep the majority of coverage favourable for the company
- Proactive pitching and follow-ups helped secure an on-air holiday feature on CBC's The National
- Targeted outreach in outlets like The Hollywood Reporter helped position the company in key markets to open-up real business opportunities
- The media relationships established during this period help place follow-up announcements for major partnerships with companies like Universal Cable Productions and Turner
Want more examples?